In late 2022 Sanford Bioactives opened its brand new, purpose-built Marine Extracts Centre located in Riverlands, Blenheim.
The site includes some of the most technically advanced equipment for extraction and drying of marine products as well as a team of dedicated research scientists working on the development of the next generation of marine extract ingredients.
Our flash-dryer process utilises bespoke, one-of-a-kind dryers, uniquely applying the principles of food science to rapidly prepare, stabilise and dry materials for optimal stability and bioactivity.
- Custom-made dryers
- Rapid drying for optimal stability and bioactivity
- Producing GreenshellTM Mussel powder, scientifically proven to support joint health
We operate large-scale blending and powder handling systems to provide the ultimate flexibility for our customers’ diverse needs.
The use of high pressure, low-temperature carbon dioxide to separate mussel oil from high-quality powder is a safe and effective process that leaves no residues in the oil or powder.
- Latest available technology
- Utilising a custom-designed, medium-scale batch system for ultimate flexibility and quality
With over 130 commercially available species available to us, our team of experts can create bespoke oils and oil fractions. We believe cold is best and strive for minimal use of heat, and avoid exposure to oxygen throughout the process.
- Traditional manufacturing methods for best results
- Small-scale oil extraction process
Collagen and other proteins are extracted, cleaned, and then clarified using a selection of centrifugal and filtration methods. Precise operating parameters ensure we produce high-purity, fully traceable collagen products from a range of species and raw materials.
- Gentle processing for superior quality
- From certified sustainable species
Sanford Bioactives is uniquely positioned to source from a wide range of marine species. With this natural marine resource, we have the expertise to manufacture a wide range of novel marine extract ingredients using the core capabilities of our expert in-house technical and R&D team.
- From lab scale to large scale
- Innovative ingredients
- Bespoke customer solutions
- Research and innovation hub